Decals panel shows decals of the currently selected object. There is a list of decals at the top of the panel, and the properties of the currently selected decal below.
You add decals by draging an image onto the shape and selecting Place Decal, then they are added to the list where you can configure their options.
You can delete or rename decals by right clicking them in the list and selecting either Rename or Delete options.
Here is the list of decal properties you can configure:
- Width - the width of decal image in centimeters;
- Height - the height of decal image in centimeters;
- Scale - the scale of the image, 1 means 100%, 2 means 200% and so on;
- Rotation - the angle that Boxshot uses to rotate decal around its center;
- Fit to image - when clicked Boxshot measures the physical size of the main decal image by using its DPI and resolution and then updates Width and Height fields with that measurements. This makes decal proportionally scaled.
Below goes the list of appearance-related properties of decal:
- Image - this slot contains the main decal image;
- Tint - Boxshot multiplies the main decal image to this color;
- Opacity - controls how transparent is the decal overall. This parameter is multiplied to the alpha-channel of the main image;
- Reflection Level - sets the amount of reflected light by the decal. The higher the level, the more "metallic" look you get;
- Reflection Level Mask - works with the previous parameter and lets you specify the reflection mask;
- Reflection Blur - controls the roughness of decal surface, higher values make reflections soft;
- Reflection Blur Mask - another mask that lets you specify different blur levels at different parts of the image.