Boxshot has two main lighting options: environment and direct (sun) lighting. The lighting panel lets you configure both of them.
- Enable sunlight — enables direct (sun) lighting;
- Height — specify the vertical angle (height) of the sun, affecting the “length” of the shadow;
- Rotation — specify the horizontal angle of the sun, affecting the shadow direction;
- Intensity — controls the light source intensity;
- Angular size (blur) — defines the size of the light source, effectively blurring the shadow;
- Color — controls the color of the light source. Use light yellow/orange or light blue tints to simulate warm or cold lighting.
- Image — controls the HDR environment image used for lighting and reflections;
- Intensity — lets you adjust the brightness of the environment image;
- Horizontal/Vertical offset — let you rotate the environment image around the scene. This usually helps to provide better lighting or reflections for a specific camera angle and object position.
Read more about lighting in this tutorial.