Boxshot allows you to render tubes for toothpaste or creme with adjustable parameters and various caps. The “Tube” section of the settings panel controls the main part of the shape:
- Length - defines the length of the whole tube.
- Diameter - defines the diameter.
- Fit to images - the button allows you to resize the shape automatically accroding to the images.
- Bottom length - defines the length of the bottom part of the tube which is glued together.
- Head height - defines the size of the head part that closes the other side of the tube.
- Volume - controls how flat is the tube.
The “Cap” section allows to select a cap and adjust its parameters:
- Type - the drop-down control allows you to pick a cap shape for the tube.
- Cap height - controls the height of the cap. Cap shapes are really different, so you will probably need to adjust this parameter for each type.
- Neck diameter - this parameter also controls the diameter of the cap. Both Neck Diameter and Cap Height parameter make possible to adjust the cap size.
- Neck length - helps you put the cap on its place, right from the head of the tube.
Here’s how to create a 3d toothpaste tube from script:
var m = scene.root.addMesh("gusseted", "generator.pharma.Tube"); var g = m.generator; g.length = 15; g.diameter = 3; g.bottomLength = 0.7; g.headHeight = 0.2; g.volume = 0.7; g.capType = "flip-top-small-open"; g.capHeight = 1.4; g.neckDiameter = 0.8; g.neckLength = 0.3; g.fitToImages();