Here’s the outside hole problem in a nutshell: there’s a hole that extends outside of the outline path:
Origami tries to find a cut path that contains the whole die drawing - the outline - but fails to do so as a hole extends beyond the outline.
The other version of the error is having two separate sets of dielines:
The hole above is completely outside the main layout, so Origami can’t even tell which layout is the main one.
What to do?
- Locate any path that runs outside of the main layout.
- Fix that path.
Want More Hints?
- Empty Layout — You have not selected a document, the selected document has no Origami layer, or the document's Origami layer is empty.
- Path Is Not Closed — The die drawing must a have a solid, continuous outline path.
- Intersecting Holes — There can't be two holes in the same place or overlapping.
- Invalid Crease — Crease lines have limitations.
- Impossible Shape — Some shapes simply don't exist.
- Z-Fighting — What to do with overlapping polygons.
Adobe and Adobe Illustrator are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.