Here’s the outside hole problem in a nutshell: there’s a hole that extends outside of the outline path:
Origami tries to find a cut path that contains the whole die drawing - the outline - but fails to do so as a hole extends beyond the outline.
The other version of the error is having two separate sets of dielines:
The hole above is completely outside the main layout, so Origami can’t even tell which layout is the main one.
What to do?
- Locate any path that runs outside of the main layout.
- Fix that path.
Want More Hints?
- Empty Layout — why there is no dieline visible?
- Path Is Not Closed — the dieline needs a solid, continuous outline path;
- Intersecting Holes — holes must not overlap;
- Overlapping Lines — cut and crease lines must not overlap, as well;
- Outside Hole — all holes must be inside the outline path;
- Invalid Crease — crease lines have limitations;
- Impossible Shape — some shapes simply don’t exist;
- Misaligned Elements — ends must meet, perfectly;
- Elements Are Too Small — keep dieline paths simple;
- Interesting Curved Cuts — it might not be easy;
- Triangulation Failed — Origami fails to make a 3D mesh of a dieline;
- Z–Fighting — what to do with overlapping polygons.
Adobe and Adobe Illustrator are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.