Layout Is Empty
Is the document open?
When you ask Origami to reload the shape, it tries to get the currently opened document. The first reason you may get the “Layout is empty” message is if there is nothing opened in Illustrator at the moment.
Does the document have an Origami layer?
Origami reads the open document in Illustrator and tries to locate its layer. The layer is named “Origami” and the second reason you may see the error is that there is no “Origami” layer in the current document.
Is the layer empty?
Finally, if the document is opened and has its “Origami” layer, but the layer is empty, you will see the same error. Origami needs at least one closed path in the “Origami” layer to display anything.
What to do?
- Make sure the document is open in Illustrator.
- Make sure the document has its “Origami” layer.
- Make sure the layer is not empty.
See the Creating A New Layout tutorial for more detailed instructions.
Want More Hints?
- Path Is Not Closed - The die drawing must a have a solid, continuous outline path.
- Intersecting Holes - There can't be two holes in the same place or overlapping.
- Outside Hole - All holes must be inside the outline path.
- Invalid Crease - Crease lines have limitations.
- Impossible Shape - Some shapes simply don't exist.
- Z-Fighting - What to do with overlapping polygons.
Adobe and Adobe Illustrator are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.