Origami may look a little bit tricky, but you will definitely love this tool once you have played with it a little. Here are some tutorials to help you get started.
Read this first if you never used Origami before. It covers about 95% of the questions a new user might have and is well worth the time spent.
- User Interface — read about panels and buttons in Origami;
- Connecting to Illustrator — exchange dielines with Illustrator;
- Making a Simple Dieline — make a simple dieline and see it in 3D;
- Adding Creases — learn how to fold a dieline;
- Defining Bottom — tell Origami where is the bottom of the shape;
- Multiple Shapes — how to have several objects in the same scene;
- Dieline Generator — make dielines faster with the online generator;
- Export and Rendering — learn to export scenes or render them.
- Backside Artwork — how to apply artwork to the other side of the paper;
- Affinity Designer — integration with other vector editors;
- Adobe Illustrator — Illustrator–specific features of Origami;
- more to come soon...
Sometimes dielines have issues: gaps, overlaps, and so on. Origami detects such issues and can help you resolve them. These tutorials show you how to resolve dieline issues.
- Empty Layout — You have not selected a document, the selected document has no Origami layer, or the document's Origami layer is empty.
- Path Is Not Closed — The die drawing must a have a solid, continuous outline path.
- Intersecting Holes — There can't be two holes in the same place or overlapping.
- Outside Hole — All holes must be inside the outline path.
- Invalid Crease — Crease lines have limitations.
- Impossible Shape — Some shapes simply don't exist.
- Z-Fighting — What to do with overlapping polygons.
Old Origami 2 Tutorials
These tutorials are for the second version of Origami. Have a look if you still use the old version.
- Running Origami — meet and explore Origami;
- Creating A New Document — create a very simple dieline;
- Adding Cuts And Creases — make a more complex die-drawing;
- Defining Bottom — assign the bottom side of the shape;
- Defining Front — assign the front side of the shape.
- Adding Foil Effect — how to add foil effect to Origami scene;
- Batch Dieline Generation — how to generate multiple dielines using a CSV file.
Adobe and Adobe Illustrator are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.