Adobe Illustrator plugin that converts 2D dielines to 3D models
What is Origami?
Origami is a plugin to Adobe Illustrator that folds up dielines to 3D objects, then renders or exports them. It is great for proofs and dielines verification and usually pays for itself in less than a month, according to our customers.
Key Origami Features
Instant 3D Preview
Origami connects directly to Illustrator, so you see your layout in 3D immediately without exporting anything.
2D and 3D Export
Origami lets you save your folded layout as a 3D shape or image for further processing, or to share with customers.
Simple User Interface
Origami features probably the easiest user interface ever! Manage your dieline with path names and line styles directly in Illustrator.
More Origami Features
Origami features a lot, here are just a couple of things it can do:
- No dependencies added — Origami uses layer and path names styles to configure dielines, so the Illustrator projects don't depend on Origami once finished;
- Paper thickness — built-in paper type editor lets you specify paper thickness and other parameters;
- Artwork on both sides — artwork can be specified for both front and back side of paper;
- Foil — add extra reflective layer by using a special spot color filling;
- 3D Export — Origami exports to OBJ, Collada and 3D PDF formats. These then can be loaded to Boxshot or Koru for further processing;
- Rendering — Origami renders scenes itself, but can also use Boxshot for rendering;
- Displaying errors — Origami provides detailed information about dieline issues and helps to fix them;
- Dieline generator — you get a complimentary access to the dieline generator while your license is valid, so you don't need to draw dielines yourself!
Ready to Try?
We provide a free demo version of the software that lets you try the product and decide if it fits your requirements. Click the Download button at the top right corner of this page to get the demo.
Make sure you checked tutorials if you never used Origami before.
Adobe and Adobe Illustrator are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.