05 Apr 2017
This update adds a great number of new features and also comes at new license terms. Keep reading for more details…
First Of All
Thanks for the very positive feedback we received after the first release. To make it even more positive this time, we decided to make quite unusual step for us, we decided to make Koru free. Yep, that’s it. Koru is now free even for commercial projects! WebGL is the future of online 3D graphics and we want to be a part of it. Making Koru free helps us spread the word and helps you use the power of online 3D graphics at no expense.
In return we place a small “Koru” logotype in the corner. If you don’t want that, there is a commecial license available that hides the logo. More details are here.
Read more about the API here.
- better support of high-dpi displays on both Mac and Windows;
- faster and more responsive user interface, especially at startup;
- better browsers compatibility, including touch support on mobile devices;
- user-defined watermarks;
- HDR environment textures updated for better quality;
- scenes can have built-in scripts, script editor added (see the Scene menu);
- nodes in scene tree can be re-ordered by dragging;
- export to ZIP file added;
- added option to publish project to Koru gallery;
- camera rotation angles (and other parameters) can be limited;
- new “fix transparent meshes” tool added;
- Collada and FBX import improved;
- better HDR images loading and color correction;
- various minor improvements and bugfixes.
As you see, the list is quite long. Hope we provided enough reasons to update your copy or give Koru a try :)
Yep, that is all. Stay tuned for more updates, they are coming.