Boxshot 5.7 beta
04 Dec 2023
Here goes a new beta for the curious ones! This time you get… Well, keep reading :)
Units of Measurement
Finally! Now you can switch between centimetres, millimetres, inches and points in settings. Numeric fields’ precision is automatically adjusted to the selected unit.
Boxshot still uses centimetres internally, so very minor rounding errors might happen which shouldn’t really affect anything. Feel free to contact us if this is a problem.
Boxshot has (well, I hope so) a pretty intuitive user interface, so other languages support was never a huge priority. However, as we’ve got inches, you probably expect to see Boxshot in your native language.
The good news is that this is now possible. The bad news is that it is up to you for now. See the Help→Language menu for details. You can open the translation editor there and teach Boxshot your language if you really need that. We’re going to improve the tool in the upcoming versions, but the idea is to keep the community–based translation for now. Let’s see how it works.
Please feel free to share your translations (even the partial ones) with us if you want to see them included in the upcoming versions.
Of course, that’s not all. Here’s some more:
- Fixed empty left panel in Loft Editor;
- Fit To View improved for speed and handling of large scenes;
- Resources can now be safely collected to the project’s folder;
- sRGB color profile is now embedded to PNG files on saving;
- Texture slot parameters in detached instances are now fixed;
- Step and Repeat supports instance mode for object hierarchies;
- Fixed Step and Repeat for lights;
- Step and Repeat supports both world and object spaces;
- Preview speed improved for large scenes with multiple selected objects;
- Better gizmo behaviour when it is dragged with a mouse.
That’s it, have a nice day!