Boxshot 5.2.3 Beta
25 Jul 2020
This update improves the new hard cover books with all the features you requested.
You can now use a single artwork image for the whole book cover, as with the old books. The only difference is that you now have to define the width of the book (not the thickness) and Boxshot will do the rest, as usual.
This applies to both hard cover books and paperbacks. Magazines support the feature too, but the width is calculated automatically.
Hard Cover Book Improvements
More new options added to hard cover books:
- Distance to hard cover — lets you specify the distance between the pages block and the cover edge;
- Artwork wrapping level — allows you to configure the amount of artwork wrapped around the cover onto the backside;
- Leaves length adjustment — helps to slightly adjust the width of the leaves block, if it is needed to match the cover;
- Headband height — lets you separately configure the height of the headband;
- Headband edge radius — same for the edge radius of the headband.
We also improved the texture mapping of the headband and the inner part of the cover.
The new books are now considered feature–complete and we don’t plan adding new features to them (unless a really good reason is provided). Please give the new books a try and let us know if anything needs to be fixed. Otherwise the plan is to release one more update for the book editor and remove the beta tag.