Loft Objects FAQ
Before we start, please make sure you read the Lofts - Quick Start Guide page which covers the very basics of lofts in Boxshot.
If your questions is not answered here, please contact us directly, so we can help.
Questions And Answers
Why don't I see loft object in Boxshot?
You need at least Boxshot Ultimate 4.14 to use loft objects. If your Boxshot is older, please consider upgrading it to the latest one. If your Boxshot is up to date, but it is Home or Professional - consider upgrading your license to get access to loft objects.
Can I add my own shapes to Loft Editor?
Boxshot lets you import SVG files and use them as shapes in Loft Editor. In order to import a file, open the Loft Editor window, select shapes collection at the left and drag your SVG file there. Boxshot will convert SVG files to its internal format and displays them in the shapes collection.
Can I make shapes non-flat?
Yes, shapes may have height and you can configure that in Loft Shapes Editor window. Select a shape in blueprint panel of the Loft Editor window and click Edit Shape button in the toolbar to open the editor. Read here for more details.
How to assign materials to loft object?
Open loft editor and select the layer below the segment you want to assign material to. See the parameters panel at the right of the blueprint editor. There will be Material field at the bottom. You can type the material name there, or use the existing one from the drop down list.
Exactly as with lathe objects, Boxshot will join sections with same materials and make shared UV mapping for them.
How to avoid adding top and bottom caps to loft object?
Boxshot automatically adds top and bottom caps to loft objects and the only case when it doesn't do so, is if the heights of both first and last layers of the loft object are the same. In that case Boxshot doesn't add caps and you can make objects like thick pipes.
- Decals - applying decals and configuring them.
- Easy Lighting - add the right shadow to your scene.
- Saturated Reflection - make "rich" colorful reflections.
- Floor Reflection - reflecting scene objects in the floor.
- Complex Shape Rotation - how to do more than the rotation gizmo can handle.
- Loft Objects - Quick Start Guide - making loft objects from scracth or configuring the built-in ones.
- Loft Objects - Shape Editor - editing loft shapes using the built-in editor.
- Lathe Curve Editing - editing lathe curves using the built-in editor.
- Glass Materials - how to make semi-transparent objects look attractive.
- UV-Spot - how to make a uv-spot effect easily.
- Depth Of Field - adding more realism to your renderings.
- Semi-Transparent Labels - how to make semi-transparent and partial labels on bottles.
- Foil Effect - how to add foil-finishing to your shapes.
- 3D Text - making 3d text objects in Boxshot.
- Extruded Objects - how to make thick 3D object of your flat 2D curve.
- Conical Labels - making conical labels with distorted artwork.