Adding Floor Reflection
Boxshot 4 allows you to add floor reflection with just a few mouse clicks. This tutorial shows how.
Adding floor reflection
Let's create a simple scene with a hard cover book shape and open the scene panel at the left. Notice the "Floor reflection" checkbox at the bottom.
Now click that checkbox to see the floor reflection.
It's that easy. Use the sliders below to control the reflection level, decay and blur.
Transparent background and shadow
One more click to the "Transparent background" checkbox turns the background off, so you can see the "transparency" checkers texture. Finally add a shadow using the Easy lighting button and render the resulting image.
Reflection is not an easy effect for real-time rendering, so Boxshot has some limitations for the preview window. The Simple GL driver doesn't support reflection at all, while the Advanced GL driver doesn't support blur.
However, the raytracing renderer is not affected and supports all the effects, so even if your previews are limited your renderings will be perfect.
You've learned how to add a floor reflection in just a few mouse clicks. Cool :)
- Realistic Rendering — improving scenes visual appearance;
- Lighting — control environment and directional lighting;
- Saturated Reflection — make "rich" colorful reflections;
- Job Manager — rendering jobs later;
- GPU Rendering — rendering scenes faster on GPU;
- Rendering Time and Quality — getting more control on rendering;
- Simple and Realistic Lighting — speeding up scene rendering;
- Glass Materials — how to make semi–transparent objects look attractive;
- UV–Spot — how to make a UV–spot effect easily;
- Foil Effect — how to add foil–finishing to your shapes;
- Boxshot Materials — more details about Boxshot materials.
- Decals — applying decals and configuring them;
- Complex Shape Rotation — how to do more than the rotation gizmo can handle;
- Depth Of Field — adding more realism to your renderings;
- Tools — read more about Boxshot tools;
- Loft Objects — Quick Start Guide — making loft objects from scratch or configuring the built–in ones;
- Loft Objects — FAQ — frequently asked questions about lofts, when the quick start guide is not enough;
- Loft Objects — Shape Editor — editing loft shapes using the built–in editor;
- Lathe Curve Editing — editing lathe curves using the built–in editor;
- Semi–Transparent Labels — how to make semi–transparent and partial labels on bottles;
- 3D Text — making 3D text objects in Boxshot;
- Extruded Objects — how to make thick 3D object of your flat 2D curve;
- Conical Labels — making conical labels with distorted artwork;