Boxshot 4 features a new user interface that extends and improves the Box Shot 3D experience. These tutorials help you take your first steps in Boxshot, grow your skills, and complete really cool projects. Step by step, chapter by chapter you will learn all of Boxshot 4's powerful features.
User Interface Basics
Here you can read about Boxshots user interface layout, panels and basic operations.
- User Interface Layout - read about the main Boxshot window, the toolbar and panels.
- Adding Shapes - learn how to add shapes to the scene.
- Moving Shapes - move and rotate your shapes.
- Editing Shapes - almost all shapes have parameters. Here's where they are and how to edit them.
- Assigning and Editing Materials - all shapes have materials. Learn how to assign and control their materials.
- Using the Camera - understand and take advantage of the basic camera parameters.
- Rendering Scenes - learn here how to render your completed scene.
Creating Simple Scenes
These step-by-step tutorials guide you through the process of creating and rendering simple scenes. Follow the steps with your own artwork to get amazing results.
- Creating a 3D Software Box - a step-by-step guide to creating a simple software box mockup.
- Creating a 3D Book Cover - this tutorial shows how to create a 3D book cover from 2D artwork.
- Creating a Box Of Books - use built-in shapes to make a box and fill it with books.
These advanced-level tutorials show how to set up lighting and achieve the subtle effects with Boxshot that will make your project stand out.
- Decals - applying decals and configuring them.
- Easy Lighting - add the right shadow to your scene.
- Saturated Reflection - make "rich" colorful reflections.
- Floor Reflection - reflecting scene objects in the floor.
- Complex Shape Rotation - how to do more than the rotation gizmo can handle.
- Loft Objects - Quick Start Guide - making loft objects from scracth or configuring the built-in ones.
- Loft Objects - FAQ - frequently asked questions about lofts, when the quick start guide is not enough.
- Loft Objects - Shape Editor - editing loft shapes using the built-in editor.
- Lathe Curve Editing - editing lathe curves using the built-in editor.
- Glass Materials - how to make semi-transparent objects look attractive.
- UV-Spot - how to make a uv-spot effect easily.
- Depth Of Field - adding more realism to your renderings.
- Semi-Transparent Labels - how to make semi-transparent and partial labels on bottles.
- Foil Effect - how to add foil-finishing to your shapes.
- 3D Text - making 3d text objects in Boxshot.
- Extruded Objects - how to make thick 3D object of your flat 2D curve.
- Conical Labels - making conical labels with distorted artwork.