Making UPC–E Barcodes
UPC–E barcodes are done pretty much the same way, as the UPC–A ones and can be made using the UPC barcode generator software. You click the big “plus” button, then click the “UPC–E” item in the popup menu to make a new UPC–E barcode:
Then you double–click it and switch to the editing mode. Compared to the UPC-A barcodes, there is no addon field here. On the other hand, the Number system field is displayed, so you can select if you want to have “0” or “1” as the first digit of the barcode.
Exactly as with UPC–A barcodes, you will get a message in case of any errors in the barcode data. Fix them manually, or use the Fix errors button to let Barcode fix them for you.
Once done, switch to the second panel to configure the visual parameters of the barcode:
Again, compared to UPC–A barcodes, there are less parameters here. There is obviously no addon configuration for UPC–E barcodes, also the light margin indicator is not supported for this barcode. Edit the visual parameters the way you need and finally switch to the right most panel to adjust the quiet zone:
As the UPC–E barcode displays digits on both left and right sides, you may leave the default margin values — there is enough space on both sides of the barcode. The recommended quiet zone for UPC–E is 5mm, or 0.2 inches.
When you finished with the barcode, you can save or print it using the toolbar buttons at the top left corner of the window, or drag the barcode with your mouse directly to the application where it is needed.
Then you can simply click the Back button in the toolbar, or press the Escape key on the keyboard to switch back to the list of the barcodes. The changes will be saved automatically.
For more information about the user interface of the software, see the user interface tutorial.
More Barcode Tutorials
- Installation — how to install Barcode generator;
- License Activation — how to activate Barcode software with a license key.
- User Interface — Barcode user interface explained in details;
- Barcode Management — adding, renaming, cloning and deleting barcodes;
- Importing Barcodes — importing barcode images;
- Custom Texts — adding custom text elements to barcodes;
- Marks Panel — configuring border, margins and canvas of barcodes;
- Bar Width Reduction — adjusting barcodes to compensate for ink spread;
- Quiet Zone — making sure the barcodes can be scanned well.
- Making EAN–13 Barcodes — standard point–of–sale barcodes;
- EAN–13 Calculator — how to compute EAN–13 check digits.
- Making UPC–A Barcodes — learn to make UPC–A barcodes;
- Making UPC–E Barcodes — how to create UPC–E barcodes;
- UPC–A Calculator — compute check digits of UPC–A barcodes.
- NDC Barcodes — learn about NDC barcodes and how to make them;
- NDC Barcode Check Digit Calculator — how to compute NDC check digits.
- ISBN Barcode Generator — how to make ISBN barcodes;
- BC412 Barcode — making barcodes for silicon wafers identification;
- Transparent Barcodes — making barcodes with transparent background;
- PNG Barcodes — exporting barcodes to PNG format;
- Vector Barcodes — exporting barcodes to vector formats;
- Export.js — defining custom file names for exported barcodes.
- Batch Processing — how to batch–convert text data to barcodes;
- Command Line Processing — command line barcode generation.