NDC Barcode Check Digit Calculator
The final digit of the NDC barcode is a check digit that helps detecting human transcription errors. Here the check digit is shown with a red mark:
Check Digit Formula
As NDC barcodes are based on UPC–A barcodes, the check digit computation algorithm is pretty much the same. To compute the check digit of NDC barcode follow the rules below:
- Take all the digits in odd positions, add them and multiply by three;
- Take all the digits in even positions (except for the last one) and add to the number you got above;
- Divide that number by 10 and take the remainder;
- If the remainder is not 0, subtract it from 10.
- That’s it.
Check Digit Calculator
To save time on doing the math, simply enter the barcode numbers into the field below and we’ll do the job for you:
Here goes the check digit calculation for barcode :
- The digits in odd positions are: , their sum is , multiplied by 3 it is ;
- The digits in even positions (except the last one) are: , their sum is , added to the number above it is ;
- Dividing by 10 gives us as a remainder;
- It is not zero, so subtracting it from 10 to get the check digit: .
- It is zero, so just using it as is.
The check digit is ""
If you work with barcodes, have a look at our barcode generator which will save you much more time than this calculator.
More Barcode Tutorials
- Installation — how to install Barcode generator;
- License Activation — how to activate Barcode software with a license key.
- User Interface — Barcode user interface explained in details;
- Barcode Management — adding, renaming, cloning and deleting barcodes;
- Importing Barcodes — importing barcode images;
- Custom Texts — adding custom text elements to barcodes;
- Marks Panel — configuring border, margins and canvas of barcodes;
- Bar Width Reduction — adjusting barcodes to compensate for ink spread;
- Quiet Zone — making sure the barcodes can be scanned well.
- Making EAN–13 Barcodes — standard point–of–sale barcodes;
- EAN–13 Calculator — how to compute EAN–13 check digits.
- Making UPC–A Barcodes — learn to make UPC–A barcodes;
- Making UPC–E Barcodes — how to create UPC–E barcodes;
- UPC–A Calculator — compute check digits of UPC–A barcodes.
- NDC Barcodes — learn about NDC barcodes and how to make them;
- NDC Barcode Check Digit Calculator — how to compute NDC check digits.
- ISBN Barcode Generator — how to make ISBN barcodes;
- BC412 Barcode — making barcodes for silicon wafers identification;
- Transparent Barcodes — making barcodes with transparent background;
- PNG Barcodes — exporting barcodes to PNG format;
- Vector Barcodes — exporting barcodes to vector formats;
- Export.js — defining custom file names for exported barcodes.
- Batch Processing — how to batch–convert text data to barcodes;
- Command Line Processing — command line barcode generation.