NDC Barcode Format
NDC barcode is used to encode National Drug Code identifiers. It is based on UPC-A and consists of 12 digits, the first one is always 3 and the last one is control digit. The rest 10 digits in the middle is the National Drug Code identifier. The identifier itself consists of 3 segments: labeler code, product code and package code.
The 10 digits of NDC code can be grouped in one of the following ways: 4-4-2, 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 digits.
NDC Barcodes Support in Barcode Generator
Barcode generator supports displaying NDC barcode as a solid number or in segments, it also checks that the segments are defined correctly.
Standard National Drug Code barcode features that are supported by the Barcode Generator include:
- Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) verification and correction;
- Barcode scale;
- Adjustable bars width for printing errors compensation;
- Manual and automatic bar height modes;
- Text font customization; and
- Customizable front and back colors with spot color support for EPS file export.
Exporting NDC Barcodes
NDC barcodes can be exported as PNG or TIFF files with the Barcode Generator Software. These exports will have print–quality dots–per–inch.
Codes made with Barcode Generator may also be dragged–and–dropped directly into Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as vector objects for even better quality.