ITF-14 Barcode Format
ITF-14 barcode is similar to Interleaved 2 of 5 code. It is a version of that code that is amended to include global trade identification numbers issued by GS1. ITF-14 is used mainly on the larger containers that goods are shipped in, such as cartons.
ITF-14 code is used widely in the shipping and storage industries. The barcodes may only include 14 characters, no more and no less.
ITF-14 barcodes are composed of:
- A one-digit packaging indicator;
- A two-digit number system or prefix;
- A four-digit manufacturer identification number;
- A four-digit item identification number; and
- A single check digit.
Like Interleaved 2 of 5 barcodes, data in ITF-14 symbols is encoded both in the colored bars and the white spaces between the bars. This allows users to encode a greater amount of data in a smaller space.
Standard ITF-14 features that are supported by the Barcode Software include:
- Configurable ITF-14 border with Box, Bind and None options;
- Adjustable bar width ratio;
- Adjustable bar width for printing error compensation;
- Optional text formatting;
- Manual and automatic bar height modes; and
- Customizable front and back colors with spot color support for EPS file export.
ITF-14 barcodes can be exported as PNG or TIFF files with the Barcode Generator. These exports will have print-quality dots-per-inch. Codes developed with the Barcode Generator Software may also be dragged-and-dropped directly into Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.