Origami may look a little bit tricky, but you will definitely love this tool once you have played with it a little. Here are some tutorials to help you get started.
Here are basic instructions about how to use Origami. This is a must-read if you have never used Origami before.
- Running Origami - meet and explore Origami.
- Creating A New Document - create a very simple dieline.
- Adding Cuts And Creases - make a more complex die-drawing.
- Defining Bottom - assign the bottom side of the shape.
- Defining Front - assign the front side of the shape.
Sometimes dielines have issues: gaps, overlaps, and so on. Origami detects such issues and can help you resolve them. These tutorials show you how to resolve dieline issues.
- Empty Layout - You have not selected a document, the selected document has no Origami layer, or the document's Origami layer is empty.
- Path Is Not Closed - The die drawing must a have a solid, continuous outline path.
- Intersecting Holes - There can't be two holes in the same place or overlapping.
- Outside Hole - All holes must be inside the outline path.
- Invalid Crease - Crease lines have limitations.
- Impossible Shape - Some shapes simply don't exist.